Kevin Cotherman has 30 years of experience in software and business process improvement, software systems analysis, requirements gathering, project management, and leadership with commercial companies, federal agencies, and the military. He specializes in process improvement implementation and support, which includes defining and documenting processes, setting up and working with Organization Process Groups and Process Action Teams. He is a CMMI Institute-Certified Lead Appraiser and has conducted CMMI® SCAMPI (Standard CMMI® Appraisal Method for Process Improvement) Class A, B, and C Appraisals.
Current Experience:CMMI Institute-Certified Lead Appraiser, 2001 – PresentWorked with a variety of organizations in different industries to implement the CMMI®, which included:
Led 85 CMMI® SCAMPI Class A Appraisals worldwide; appraisal team member for 12 SCAMPI Class A Appraisals; consulted closely with organizations to prepare for appraisals.
- Define and document processes
- Build a process improvement infrastructure
- Identify CMMI® gaps
- Perform progress reviews and readiness for the SCAMPI Class A Appraisals
- Provide training
- Provide guidance to the OPG
- Nominated for the International Cooperation of China Friendship Award
- Helped develop a CMMI Implementation and appraisal readiness tool, “CMMI Live”
- Wrote an eBook, "Continuous Life Improvement"
Wrote the following white papers:
- Twelve Things To Do For a Successful CMMI® Implementation
- Twelve Steps Going From Maturity Level 2 to Maturity Level 3
- Five Reasons Why You Hate the CMMI® (and what you can do about them)